The Real-Time film scanner with a variety of options: Vario!
Now with 4K Plus™ 4096 x 3072 or 2.5K Plus™HDR 2560 x 2160 High Dynamic Range, and 2K Plus™ 2336 x 1752 sensors.
16mm and/or 35mm—Single or dual gauge
No sprocket teeth or claws—Continuous motion
Gentle film handling—MWA’s pioneered and patented Laser technology with large rollers for old film
Upgradeable from one sensor to another.
For example from HD, to 2.3K Plus™, 2.5K Plus™ HDR or 4K Plus™ (4K Plus™ in late development)
Also available as VarioHD with 1920 x 1080 3-CCD Sensor
Timeline-based color correction and settings changes with frame-accurate in-points.
- Fast and Easy to use.
- Happens in real time
- Settings can be saved as a file for re-use or restored when resuming a session
- Colorist Approved at NAB 2013
More Codecs for greater choices:
- DPX and TIFF at 2.3K Plus™, 2.5K Plus™ HDR or 4K Plus™
- HD Uncompressed YUV & HD MJPEG AVI
- ProRes 422HQ HD, AVID DNx HD
- NEW Lossless Reversible JPEG 2000
- DCP Package Creation, QC Software
High Performance Workstation
- Complete, with 64-bit AgiScan 3 software
- RAID 5 storage, up to 14TB
- USB3, 10GigE and Fiberchannel options
New Series4 Transport features:
- New Simplified film path
- New, Simplified Laser—Auto gauge change
- New Splice Detection w/Frameline Stabilizer
- New, Improved Capstan
- New Audio Head Design, Film Path
- Adjustable Optical Sound Head Focus and Position for better quality, frequency response
- Sound Head Bypass without removing head
- Simpler to Service
- Solid, Stainless Steel Deckplates for Stability, Easy-Care. Won’t Chip or Wear Like Paint.
- Strong Extruded Aluminum Frame
Laser-Based Perf and Shrinkage Detection—Solves Problems:
- MWA’s Pioneered, Patented and Proven Laser-based perf detection enables Vario users to transfer shrunken film, up to 4% or more with the use of the Laser Shrinkage Detector.
- Sprocket hole damage won’t stop your transfer
- Syncing shrunken sound elements is easier!
Adjustable Tension, Play Speeds:
- Adjustable tension in normal speed and wind
- Play speeds from 1fps to 25fps for safety with brittle film or normal speeds for productivity
More Productivity Features & Benefits:
- 4:3 Sensor aspect ratio, matching the picture aspects of the gauges supported. No crop in post needed.
- Live HD-SDI Output for grading, monitoring and recording*
- LIVE Real-Time sound with EQ—Know what you’re getting during the transfer
- Files are ready to use when transfer is finished
- AVID Artist Color control surface for ease of color grading, transport control, higher productivity