SOLD! We can supply other machines. Let us know you’re interested, and whether you want to rent, lease or purchase.
This Multi-standard Sony VP-7040 has just been Zinfurbished and is ready to roll your PAL, SECAM and NTSC 4.43 3/4″ Umatic tapes.
- New belts installed
- Tape Path Lubricated
- Cassette Loader Lubricated
- Reel Tables shimmed to correct height
- (Supports cassette reels in correct position, so no squwaking in FF or REW.)
- Video head is like new!
- Updated signal system by replacing older style capacitors with New style
- (Now very quiet signal and produces small vector dots)
- Longer time before repairs
- Quiet operation
Old style capacitors replaced with new for better, quieter signal performance:
Playback of tape: NTSC 4.43 format:
Closer look at the scopes: NTSC 4.43 displayed on PAL 1781 R (to work with 4.43 chroma subcarrier.)
Note the small size of the dots. That’s one benefit of the time consuming capacitor change.
(Vector scale turned down to avoid confusion with PAL dot boxes. Also, NTSC 4.43 has no setup.)
NTSC 4.43 picture displayed on multi-standard monitor:
New flutter idler and air damper for better tape performance: