Webinar about benefits Feb 4, 2016
LTO-7 brings massive increases in capacity and speed: the capacity jumps from 2.5 TB per cartridge with LTO-6 to 6 TB for LTO-7; and the transfer speed increases from 160 MB/s to 300 MB/s.
LTO-7 IS SHIPPING NOW & DELIVERS!
- Massive increase in storage capacity
- 6TB Uncompressed/15TB Compressed
- Twice the speed/Half the time
- LTO-7 tape drive technology doubled the tape head channel count from 16 to 32.
- Higher data transfer rate: 300MB per second Uncompressed/700-750MB per second Compressed
- 50% cut of time to read or write a full tape.
- Check-sum verification on the fly
- Lower costs/TB
- Street prices range from $135-$175
- Cost per Uncompressed TB at Street prices: $22.50-$29.16
- Future Compatibility – LTO 7 tapes will be able to be read by and written to by LTO 8 tape drives and be able to be read by LTO 9 drives.
- Backward Compatible – LTO 7 drives can read LTO 5 tapes and Read and Write to LTO 6 Tapes
Learn More in this LTO-7 Webinar from flashscan8.us, distributor JB&A and manufacturer XenData:
Thursday, February 4th @ 10 am PST / 1 pm EST
To get the most out of LTO-7, XenData has made a lot of enhancements to its product range.
- SXL-8 LTO-7 ARCHIVE SYSTEM
The new SXL-8 includes an SX-250 Server and an 8 slot library with one LTO-7 drive. Pricing is really competitive – $15,880 list in the USA. It supports an unlimited amount of offline content and the 8 slot library makes for easy handling of a large number of LTO cartridges. USB 3-0 ports make it easy to use standalone drives as archive content sources. Built-In GigE (Ethernet) and Options for 10GigE or Fiberchannel ports expand connectivity and speed. Click here for PDF info sheet
- The new SXL-4200 includes an SX-250 Server and a 45 slot library with one or two LTO-7 drives. Pricing is very competitive starting at $24,350 list in the USA. Click here for PDF info sheet
- SX-250 ARCHIVE SERVER FOR LTO
The SX-250 Archive Server manages a robotic LTO library; creating a digital video archive that is optimized for broadcasters, video production companies, post-production and media operations. Compatible with LTO robotic libraries including LTO-7 drives that deliver high capacity, high speed and 30 years cartridge lifetimes. The SX-250 systems scale to 540 TB of near-line LTO capacity. Click here for PDF info sheet
Click on the video below for see how the archive manages three levels of storage hierarchy: online disk, near-line LTO and offline (externalized) LTO cartridges: