Previously owned equipment sale: Going On Now!
V2- Mon. Aug. 16, 2016, 4:30 pm PDT More equipment is being added. We’ll post the revision date here and note where to look and mark “Added xx/yy/zz”
As time permits, we may make separate posts with pictures for what’s listed.
Studio camera setup:
A trio of Sony BVP – 570 Triax camera packages with
- Studio Viewfinders
- 2 Zoom controls and mounting brackets
- 2 Focus controls and mounting brackets
- 3 Tripod mounting plates
- 3 runs of Triax (guessing 150-200’ each)
- 3 CCUs
- 3 Remote operations panels
- Pair of RM-7 remotes for two of the cameras
- The Cables for the three remote ops panels and RM-7 remotes. (Splicing needed. We will do on purchase)
- Can probably supply a working zoom control for the third camera from stock.
Also available for this package:
- Leitch component Analog to SDI 1RU converters were part of this package and are available. These were used to create a an SDI key signal that was sent to the key inputs on a large switcher.
- RGB Patch Panel used to send RGB video signals from each CCU to the Leitch component Analog to SDI converters mentioned above
Two Vinten Tern pedestals and Mark IIIA heads with pan handles and trim weights that two of these BVP-570 cameras were mounted on.
In good condition, holding nitrogen, WITH Nitrogen Bottle, Valve, regulator assembly with hose and fill connector.
Replacement bracket for pan handle available. Otherwise in good, working condition.
Two Q-TV CRT prompter packages: CRT monitors, clean mirror boxes w/lens hoods, the necessary bracketry and counterbalance weights to mount on the pedestals. Can be used with LCD screens by making appropriate mounting brackets
Pix of pre-removal condition and current available.
There’s also a Grass Valley 100 switcher (not from this package) available to make a system.
Nine Sony and Ampex badged Betacam SP camcorders.
Three with Portabrace cases.
Some are one-piece, others two piece. All with lenses.
Testing, photographing and detailing this week (Aug 15-19)
Accessories listed as they are tested.
VA-500 playback adaptor. No deck to adaptor cable, though.
Sony 12VDC 4-pin XLR Power supplies
Other equipment that came from the same television studio including:
- NEW IN BOX Sony LDM-2010 LCD monitor!
Sony LDM-2010 LCD monitor (NTSC/PAL Analog composite, Y/C, RGB and component) 100mm VESA mounting. (rack mount bracket available)
- Single, dual and triple B/W picture monitors in various conditions (Pix available) Panasonic, Sony.
- Rack mount and rack-shelf mountable Color pix monitors in various conditions from works fine to not so good or not at all. (Pix available) Sony BVM and PVM, Ikegami, Sharp, in 13” to 19” sizes. (Pix available)
- Tek 1700 series waveform monitors
- Tek 1700 series vectorscopes
- Tek 1760 audio monitors
- Tek 528 and 528A scopes in various conditions
- Tek 1420 vectorscopes in various conditions
- Various single unit or rack cases for Tek scopes
- Bittree and others audio patch panels
- Video Patch panels, some suitable for SDI (Will have to check whether WECO or RCA jacks)
- Terminal gear including Video DAs from Grass Valley, Leitch, others
Leitch Digibus frames and cards (Description, pix available)
- Leitch Video DAs
- BTS/Phillips Saturn/Jupiter/Venus routing switcher–COMPLETE, operating when disconnected in late 2015.
w/Master Control panel, rack mount panels for various purposes, main and backup computer, software, manuals.
Chassis include 96 x 96 Analog Video, 96 x 96 Stereo Audio, 48 x 48 SD-SDI, 4One of four8 x 48 Time Code, 48 x 48 RS-422 machine control. Working when removed.
- Great for archiving facility that needs to route analog and SD-SDI video/audio from various source machines to specific digitizing cards, and control source decks from the card.
Manuals available for much of this equipment.
- 2 Sony CCU-M5 Camera Control Units. Clean. One missing Iris control knob.
- Testing with Sony 26-pin cable and compatible camera
- Cobalt 4020 SDI to 4:2:2 Component Analog converter. With factory power supply. Powers up. Testing with SDI source.
- Miranda SDM-171P PicoLink SDI to Component Analog/RGB converter. With power supply, breakout cable and instruction book, in original box. NTSC and PAL. SMPTE 259M-C in gets RGB or Y, R-Y, B-Y. Setup or no setup on RGB. Powers up. Testing with SDI source.
Complete Audio Rack containing:
- Symetrix 522 Compresser/Expander/Limiter/Ducker (two channels in 1 RU unit)
- Sony DPS-V77 Multi-Effect Processor (with custom clear panel on standoffs from rack front to block access and keep fingers from messing with unit)
- Gentner SPH-4 hybrid phone patch
- Shure FP410 Intellemix 4-input mixer
- 2 Tascam CD-401 MK II CD Players with “auto cue.” Cues to track start and pauses.
- 2 RU sliding drawer with lid
- TT size single plug TRS patch cables (haven’t counted) to use with:
- 3 Bittree patch bays (48 jacks x 2 rows)
- 2 Crown D-75 Stereo audio amplifiers
- 1 Radio Design Labs (RDL) RU-DA4D stereo audio DA in three-across 1 RU assembly. (Stereo x 4 or Mono x 8 outs)
- ATI Encore series Multi Amplifier Array (1RU)
- Shure M67 four-input mixer (Classic!) with 1KHz tone, XLR mike/Banana jack Line level outputs. Tested.
- Pots checked and cleaned. User-modded with internal board to H-pad two inputs from Mike to Line level. Easily restored to original condition, or switches added to allow switchable mike/line operation. Appears to have been used in edit bay to mix a mike, two VTR line level outs and router audio into one channel. AC or battery power.
- Rack Mount for Shure M-67 mixer. Dark gray face. Immaculate.
- 2 Radio Design Labs (RDL) STA-1 Stick On Universal Line Amps. Two channels, individual level controls. Balanced or unbalanced ins or outs. High or low impedance. Screw terminals. Needs wall-wart for power, not supplied. ROHS compliant.
- Radio Design Labs RU-SX4A mono 4 x 1 audio switcher with individual level control on each input. Balanced or unbalanced ins, high impedance bridging.
- Video Accessory Corporation (VAC) 2 x 1 Stereo Audio Switcher, with wall wart power supply. Testing. Simple switch closure switches audio from MAIN to ALT audio. Used in an edit bay to switch an input from a video deck’s audio outputs to a router feed. For Radio, could be used with a silence sensor closure to select an “At the Transmitter” audio playback device.
- Comrex TCB-2 Auto-Answer Phone Line Coupler with AC power supply. Often used for dial-into TV station IFB lines, radio station listen lines. (Can start a cart machine on answer 🙂 It’s a protective device which provides a clean, transparent transformer connection from a telephone line to external audio equipment. The TCB-2 is FCC registered. Works with direct-to-central office POTS lines. Requires a momentary open or reversal from the Central Office to disconnect. Most, but not all, Central Offices provide this signal. PDF manual included via e-mail.
- Gentner Digital Hybrid I phone patch. Digital Signal Processing, Auto-nulls for greater caller to sender separation. Flexible inputs and outputs. With PDF installation/operation manual that includes schematics. Works with POTS lines. Will test with VOIP. Maybe by calling you?
- Have several other Gentner conference call Digital hybrids. Details to come. Ask for details if you’re interested now!
- Mac G5 with AJA IO card/breakout box. Working. Still useful for SD digitizing station. Will come with clean drives and appropriate OS.
- 2 1999 iMacs, working when stored. Used as point of sale terminals in local camera store. We helped maintain the system. Will come with clean drive and appropriate OS
- 2 later iMacs, with Firewire 400, suitable for basic video capture and editing workstations to DV format. One was my first FCP edit workstation in the days of Final Cut Pro 1.25 working when stored. Will come with clean drive and appropriate OS.
- eMac G4. 1GHz processor w/1GB RAM. Working when 300GB HD died. Will come with clean (Original?) drive and appropriate OS.
- 3 RP819 19” diag., 8RU LCD rack mount displays. Samsung industrial LCD panel. VGA input, with power supply. Tested with Dell PC and Ubuntu, MacBook Pro and Displayport to VGA adapter. Appears Supports up to 1280 x 740 resolutions. 16:9 and 4:3 aspect. Appears to have been sold under several brands, including “CyberView” and “Austin Hughes.”
VTRs and TBCs:
Quite a few Betacam SP BVW 60, 70, 75 series Sony and Ampex badged decks in various conditions. Pix and test reports available for most of them. Let me know what type of machine and sort of condition you’re looking for. Can be Zinfurbished. Ask for details
BVU-820 SP 3/4” Umatic w/Dynamic Tracking. Clean, with sides and top. Used by audio editor to transfer 3/4” picture reels into computer for use with ProTools. Working when last used. Can provide test results w/pix.
BVU-950 SP 3/4” Umatic with internal TBC. Working nicely. Has top, no sides or feet. Was a racked unit. Pictures on request.
Sony DNW-A65 BetacamSX player. Plays SX digital and Betacam/BetacamSP analog tapes. Dynamic tracking. NTSC AND PAL playback. Working nicely. (Using to test camcorders mentioned below)
Panasonic AJ-D455P DVCPro editor with analog composite, component, Y/C S-video, SD-SDI ins and outs. Very clean NTSC machine. Tested. Can provide hours info. Records/Plays DVCPRO to DVCPRO Metal Particle tape and DV format to DV Metal Evaporated tape. WITH Panasonic AJ-CS455P Mini-DV to DVC Pro cassette adaptor.
REEL to REEL VTRs:
Ampex VPR-80 1” Type C Recorder/Players: Have several ranging from “working with issues” to what appears to be a prototype chassis with motors and other mechanical parts.
Ampex TBC-80 Timebase Correctors: Several available. Working when stored. Will test on request.
Also available, the special Ampex VPR 80/VPR 6 to TBB umbilical cable that lets the VTR and TBC share info regarding speed, etc. for proper slow-motion playback. One is new in unopened factory package.
Ampex Two-VTR Console for VPR-80/VPR-6:
Complete, with top hatch for access to Printed Wire Boards while VTR is secure on sliding shelf and turntable assembly. Includes brackets that secure the VTR to the turntable. VTR slides out and can rotate for access to back and sides from the front of the console. Space under VTR shelf for TBC-40/80/6/7 Ampex TBCs or similar height TBCs. Storage space under that for take-up reels, cleaning supplies, etc. Center QC/monitoring section has wiring to VTRs and scopes to select VTR 1 or VTR 2 to monitor Video In, Video Out on the picture monitor, and Video, RF Envelope, Control Track and AST Error on the waveform monitor. Switch to select VTR 1 or 2 Audio into built in speaker. Center section has space for 9” monitor (Barco monitors were original equipment, as was Tek 528/1420 era waveform and vector monitors. Tek 1700 series units can be used, and we have (somewhere) the wiring plan needed to adapt the QC switching to work with Tek 1700 series scopes. Units can be separated into one VTR with QC, and one VTR in console. Sold as dual-VTR setup only (unless you really want to pay a premium 🙂
Sony CV-2100 1/2″ Pre-EIAJ B/W Reel to Reel recorder, Serial 9462 Mfd. 1967. Former WA Palmer Films machine, complete with labels. A piece of history once owned by a pioneer in film technology, magnetic recording and videotape transfer, headquartered in San Francisco.
Ampex AVR-2 2″ Quad VTR Serial 197: Partially Zinfurbished, including power supplies and a variety of other issues that were discovered. Details on request.
Please contact me at EquipmentSales@flashscan8.us with your interest and offers. Happy to discuss.
Payment by PayPal or wire transfer. Shipping to be arranged.
flashscan8.us Moving Image Tools and Technology
(530) 301-2931 iPhone