Transfer more film in a day with flashscanHD’s faster than real-time speeds, in High Definition!
The starting point for more productive home movie transfer businesses.
flashscanHD provides quality, speed and convenience that can’t be matched by projectors and projector-based systems or “low cost” equipment that has a very long scanning time, more processing after capture, and a productivity problem when transfer companies and customers want reasonable turnaround time.
Don’t wait around:
- 400 foot reel is done in 10 minutes instead of 30 at real time.
- Controllable Automatic White Level and White Balance correction make volume transfers of film even more practical.
That’s the reality of this proven tool for film transfer businesses, archives and post-production houses. Even cable access channels!
- Safe, SPROCKETLESS, CLAW-FREE continuous motion capstan drive uses laser technology to detect perforation holes, counter picture jumps at splices, and to steady the image during speedy transfer at more than 3X real-time for silent 8mm and Super8 films.
- Magnetic Sound Head covers main and balance stripes for stereo or two-channel mono pickup, at real time or faster. Retracts for silent film.
- 3-chip HD camera ensures better color than lower-cost systems.
- AgiScan software controls the machinery and color correction.
- Integrated hardware/software package does the “heavy lifting” for picture and sound processing during transfer, at up to 50 film frames per second. (720p/25 HD output at 50fps, 1080i/25 at 25 fps.)
- Optional AgiScan “Record” module changes pitch, handles frame rate conversions automatically, speeding workflow.
- Tweakable automatic correction ranges provide better auto results.
- Or manually adjust the level and color balance of the RGB LED Array for initial white balance, then adjust black and gamma levels and color balances.
- Bring up shadow detail but maintain blacks. De-pink faded film.*
- Built-in Waveform monitor, Vectorscope and Histogram enable accuracy without use of outboard scopes or added expense.
- Use the optional AVID ARTIST® COLOR panel for color correction flexibility and speed. Adjust sound, framing, color while running.
- Optical image sizing allows full-frame 4:3 aspect centered in the 16:9 HD image or enlarging the 4:3 image to fill the 16:9 HD frame.
- Repeatable, motorized zoom and focus makes it easy.
- Transfer via Blackmagic Design HD-SDI capture cards or Thunderbolt Ultrastudio boxes. Thunderbolt laptops can be used as lower-cost capture stations with files going to Thunderbolt drives.**
- The AgiScan 2.7 software package runs on Mac OS X, Windows XP for wide compatibility.
- High Energy, adjustable RGB LED Array for extra punch, long life.
- Optional Particle Transfer Rollers to clean film during transfer.